Acoustics : An Introduction Paperback / softback
This definitive textbook provides students with a comprehensive introduction to acoustics.
Beginning with the basic physical ideas, Acoustics balances the fundamentals with engineering aspects, applications and electroacoustics, also covering music, speech and the properties of human hearing.
The concepts of acoustics are exposed and applied in:room acousticssound insulation in buildingsnoise controlunderwater sound and ultrasoundScientifically thorough, but with mathematics kept to a minimum, Acoustics is the perfect introduction to acoustics for students at any level of mechanical, electrical or civil engineering courses and an accessible resource for architects, musicians or sound engineers requiring a technical understanding of acoustics and their applications.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 480 pages, 280 Line drawings, black and white; 19 Tables, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 23/11/2006
- Category: Wave mechanics (vibration & acoustics)
- ISBN: 9780415386807