Wilfred Owen : On a Poet's Trail - On the Trail of the Poets of the Great War Paperback / softback
Part of the Battleground Europe series
This is a guide to the battlefields that inspired the young and sensitive poet, whose poems are probably the twentieth century's best-known literary expressions of experience of war.
Detailed maps, military diaries, photographs and modern roads guide the visitor through the battlefields.
Owen's letters are used extensively, together with his poetry, linking specific places events, vividly describing the suffering of the trench.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 160 pages, photographs, maps, diaries
- Publisher: Pen & Sword Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 12/08/1998
- Category: Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9780850526141