Third Sector Policy at the Crossroads : An International Non-profit Analysis PDF
The nonprofit sector occupies an ever more central role in economic and social policies, from the redesign of welfare system in the U.S. or UK, to fostering democracy in Central and Eastern Europe. At the same time, non-profit organizations face increased public scrutiny, and calls for more 'efficiency' and greater 'accountability'. Against this background, this revealing book explore keys policy issues such as:
* Is the nonprofit sector in crisis?
* What are the common themes and patterns in current policy debates concerning the future of the nonprofit sector?
* What policy models are being discussed, and what are their implications?
* How can nonprofit organiztions negotiate a course between commercialization and tighter government regulation?
As this sector is confronted with often conflicting demands of new public management, tight budgeting, and greater competition, it arrives at a crucial crossroad in its development. Through the detailed investigations presented in this key book, postgraduate students of business and politics can fully explore this significant sector and analyze it's position in today's society.
- Format: PDF
- Pages: 272 pages
- Publisher: Taylor and Francis
- Publication Date: 21/06/2001
- Category: Development studies
- ISBN: 9780203995563
- EPUB from £37.03
- PDF from £37.03
- Hardback from £110.69