Problems of International Politics : Patronal Politics: Eurasian Regime Dynamics in Comparative Perspective Hardback
This book proposes a new way of understanding events throughout the world that are usually interpreted as democratization, rising authoritarianism, or revolution.
Where the rule of law is weak and corruption pervasive, what may appear to be democratic or authoritarian breakthroughs are often just regular, predictable phases in longer-term cyclic dynamics - patronal politics.
This is shown through in-depth narratives of the post-1991 political history of all post-Soviet polities that are not in the European Union.
This book also includes chapters on czarist and Soviet history and on global patterns.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 558 pages, 3 Tables, unspecified; 8 Line drawings, unspecified
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date: 31/10/2014
- Category: Political structure & processes
- ISBN: 9781107073517
- Paperback / softback from £25.15