One of his most admired works, LOVING describes life above and below stairs in an Irish country house during the Second World War.
In the absence of their employers the Tennants, the servants enact their own battles and conflict amid rumours about the war in Europe; invading one another's provinces of authority to create an anarchic environment of self-seeking behaviour, pilfering, gossip and love.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 224 pages
- Publisher: Vintage Publishing
- Publication Date: 29/03/2001
- Category: Classic fiction (pre c 1945)
- ISBN: 9780099285090
- EPUB from £4.99
- Paperback / softback from £10.49