Sweet's Anglo-Saxon Reader in Prose and Verse Paperback / softback
by Henry Sweet
This popular reader-a standard since its first edition in 1876-helps students acquire a sound elementary knowledge Old English by studying of a rich variety of poetry and prose.
Selections cover a wide range of dialects and genres, from an early Northumbrian form of Caedmon's Hymn and ninth-century Kentish charters to the complete texts of The Dream of the Rood and Wulfstan's Address to the English, with ample literary and historical notes.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 420 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Publication Date: 28/08/1975
- Category: Language readers
- ISBN: 9780198111696
- Paperback / softback from £15.95
- Hardback from £27.69