WarTalk : Foreign Languages and the British War Effort in Europe, 1940-47 Hardback
Part of the Palgrave Studies in Languages at War series
Offering a new perspective on the British experience of the Second World War in Europe, this book provides a series of snapshots of the role which languages played in the key processes of British war-making, moving from frameworks of perception and intelligence gathering, through to liberation/occupation, and on to the aftermath of conflict.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 222 pages, XII, 222 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 28/01/2013
- Category: Sociolinguistics
- ISBN: 9780230362888
- Paperback / softback from £50.59