Britain and the Middle East in the 9/11 Era PDF
Part of the Chatham House Papers series
This authoritative book examines British policy in the Middle East, focusing on how Britain s response to 9/11 particularly the decision to join the US invasion of Iraq has affected its role and relations in the region.
- Establishes what was new about the New Labour approach and policies towards the Middle East and what changed as a result of 9/11 and the war on terror
- Analyses in detail how the Blair government handled the Iraq crisis, invasion and fallout, including developments in relations with Iran
- Documents Britain s niche role in the Middle East peace process.
- Argues that arms sales, trade and finance bind Britain to the Arab Gulf states
- Traces Britain s involvement in US regional security arrangements
- Format: PDF
- Pages: 232 pages
- Publisher: Wiley
- Publication Date: 19/03/2010
- Category: International relations
- ISBN: 9781444324372