Semiotics of Exile in Contemporary Chinese Film Hardback
by Hong Zeng
Part of the Semiotics and Popular Culture series
Drawing on a variety of film semiotic theories, this book sheds light on works by mainland Chinese directors, Hong Kong New Wave directors, Taiwan New Cinema directors, and overseas Chinese directors.
Zeng examines the cultural/historical implications of exile through the detailed analysis of film language and theoretical exploration.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 177 pages, VIII, 177 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 12/07/2012
- Category: Film theory & criticism
- ISBN: 9781137002396
- Paperback / softback from £50.59