Human Rights Journalism : Advances in Reporting Distant Humanitarian Interventions Hardback
by I. Shaw
Shaw argues that journalism should focus on deconstructing the underlying structural and cultural causes of political violence such as poverty, famine and human trafficking, and play a proactive (preventative), rather than reactive (prescriptive) role in humanitarian intervention.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 281 pages, XVI, 281 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 15/11/2011
- Category: Communication studies
- ISBN: 9780230321427
- PDF from £50.99
- Paperback / softback from £53.19