Ninety Seconds at Zeebrugge : The Herald of Free Enterprise Story Paperback / softback
by IAIN YARDLEY
Herald of Free Enterprise set sail on a routine voyage to Dover in March 1987, carrying hundreds of passengers, including British army personnel, day-trippers and drivers.
Minutes after leaving Zeebrugge, the ferry began to capsize.
Terrified passengers were separated from loved ones in a seething mass of humanity and in freezing cold water, fighting for their lives.
This is the minute-by-minute account from people who lived through the disaster, from the event to rescue, reunion and repatriation.
Including plans, photographs and records that consider how this disaster impacted ferry operating procedures forever, along with contributions from many survivors, relatives and rescue workers, this book is a fitting tribute to all involved.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 272 pages, 16 Plates, color; 22 Illustrations, color; 64 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: The History Press Ltd
- Publication Date: 30/04/2018
- Category: True stories of heroism, endurance & survival
- ISBN: 9780750985819