Cambridge Philosophy Classics : Logic of Statistical Inference Hardback
by Ian Hacking
One of Ian Hacking's earliest publications, this book showcases his early ideas on the central concepts and questions surrounding statistical reasoning.
He explores the basic principles of statistical reasoning and tests them, both at a philosophical level and in terms of their practical consequences for statisticians.
Presented in a fresh twenty-first-century series livery, and including a specially commissioned preface written by Jan-Willem Romeijn, illuminating its enduring importance and relevance to philosophical enquiry, Hacking's influential and original work has been revived for a new generation of readers.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 226 pages, 5 Tables, black and white; 9 Line drawings, unspecified
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date: 26/08/2016
- Category: Philosophy: logic
- ISBN: 9781107144958
- Paperback / softback from £14.39