The Children Act Paperback / softback
by Ian McEwan
Fiona Maye, a leading High Court judge, renowned for her fierce intelligence and sensitivity is called on to try an urgent case.
For religious reasons, a seventeen-year-old boy is refusing the medical treatment that could save his life.
Time is running out. She visits the boy in hospital - an encounter which stirs long-buried feelings in her and powerful new emotions in the boy.
But it is Fiona who must ultimately decide whether he lives or dies and her judgement will have momentous consequences for them both.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 224 pages
- Publisher: Vintage Publishing
- Publication Date: 02/05/2018
- Category: Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
- ISBN: 9781784705572
- Paperback / softback from £6.75
- EPUB from £4.99
- CD-Audio from £12.69
- eAudiobook MP3 from £8.00