The Indian Army 1914-1947 Paperback / softback
by Ian Sumner
Illustrated by Mike Chappell
Part of the Elite series
The Indian divisions made a huge contribution to the British war effort in both World Wars, fighting in the trenches of the Western Front and in the Middle East in 1914-18, and in North Africa, Italy and Burma in 1939-45.
This detailed text describes the developing organisation, uniforms and equipment of the Imperial and other regiments during the thirty years which saw them at the peak of their numbers and their combat service.
Mike Chappell's meticulous colour plates illustrate a wide range of colourful and interesting dress and combat uniforms.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 64 pages, 55 b&w and 10 colour illustrations
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 25/08/2001
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9781841761961