Intercultural Communication : A Critical Introduction Paperback / softback
Edited by Ingrid Piller
Combining perspectives from discourse analysis and sociolinguistics, the second edition of this popular textbook provides students with a comprehensive, up-to-date and critical overview of the field of intercultural communication.
Ingrid Piller explains communication in context using two main approaches.
The first treats cultural identity, difference and similarity as discursive constructions.
The second, informed by bilingualism studies, highlights the use and prestige of different languages and language varieties as well as the varying access that speakers have to them.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 456 pages, 10 B/W illustrations 29 B/W tables tables, figures, maps and images
- Publisher: Edinburgh University Press
- Publication Date: 31/07/2017
- Category: Sociolinguistics
- ISBN: 9781474412919
- EPUB from £18.74
- Hardback from £80.39
- PDF from £18.74