Remarkable Engineers : From Riquet to Shannon Paperback / softback
Engineering transformed the world completely between the 17th and 21st centuries.
Remarkable Engineers tells the stories of 51 of the key pioneers in this transformation, from the designers and builders of the world's railways, bridges and aeroplanes, to the founders of the modern electronics and communications revolutions.
The focus throughout is on their varied life stories, and engineering and scientific detail is kept to a minimum.
Engineer profiles are organized chronologically, inviting readers with an interest in engineering to follow the path by which these remarkable engineers utterly changed our lives.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 218 pages, 48 Halftones, unspecified
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date: 25/02/2010
- Category: History of engineering & technology
- ISBN: 9780521731652