The Alexander Technique is practised by many thousands of people throughout the world and has been the subject of dozens of books and numerous articles.
This book is not about the technique, but about its originator, his origins as a descendant of convicts transported to Tasmania, and his life spent developing, practising and teaching his methods; first in Australia, then in England and America.
In this well-researched book the author (the great-niece of Alexander) provides a fascinating picture of his background, family and early career.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 304 pages, 103 illustrations
- Publisher: The History Press Ltd
- Publication Date: 18/10/2001
- Category: Biography: general
- ISBN: 9781860771781