Witchcraft and Demonology in South-West England, 1640-1789 Hardback
by J. Barry
Part of the Palgrave Historical Studies in Witchcraft and Magic series
Using south-western England as a focus for considering the continued place of witchcraft and demonology in provincial culture in the period between the English and French revolutions, Barry shows how witch-beliefs were intricately woven into the fabric of daily life, even at a time when they arguably ceased to be of interest to the educated.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 373 pages, X, 373 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 13/12/2011
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9780230292260
- PDF from £76.08
- Paperback / softback from £62.49