Death and Dynasty in Early Imperial Rome : Key Sources, with Text, Translation, and Commentary Paperback / softback
The founding of the Roman Principate was a time of great turmoil.
This book brings together a set of important Latin inscriptions, including the recently discovered documents concerning the death of Germanicus and trial of Cn.
Piso, in order to illustrate the developing sense of dynasty that underpinned the new monarchy of Augustus.
Each inscription is supplied with its original text, a new English translation, and a full introduction and historical commentary that will be useful to students and scholars alike.
The book also provides important technical help in understanding the production and interpretation of documents and inscriptions, thereby making it an excellent starting point for introducing students to Roman epigraphy.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 380 pages, 1 Maps; 20 Halftones, unspecified; 11 Line drawings, unspecified
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date: 30/08/2012
- Category: Literary studies: classical, early & medieval
- ISBN: 9780521677783