This book argues that many of the mid-twentieth century's significant novelists were united by a desire to return the increasingly interior novel to ethical engagement.
They did not seek morality in society, politics or the individual will, but sought to unveil a transcendent Good by using techniques drawn from the canon of mystical literature
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 209 pages, VIII, 209 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 01/11/2011
- Category: Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9780230303546
- PDF from £53.54
- Paperback / softback from £49.85