Memory, Nationalism, and Narrative in Contemporary South Asia Hardback
This book investigates the ambivalent responses to the opposing compulsions of memory and forgetting in cultural production in South Asia.
Mallot reveals how writers such as Salman Rushdie, Michael Ondaatje, and Amitav Ghosh indict nationalism's sins by accessing and encoding the past.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 235 pages, XIII, 235 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 25/09/2012
- Category: Literary studies: general
- ISBN: 9781137007056
- PDF from £54.40
- Paperback / softback from £50.59