Political Leadership in France : From Charles de Gaulle to Nicolas Sarkozy Hardback
by J. Gaffney
Part of the French Politics, Society and Culture series
Gaffney analyzes how de Gaulle came to power in 1958: The drama surrounding the Fourth Republic's collapse, and the focus upon an exceptional individual meant that de Gaulle was able to confer a particular style of leadership on the Fifth Republic.
The five Presidents who came after him have each capitalized on their own political 'persona.'
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 258 pages, XXV, 258 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 09/04/2010
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9780230001817
- PDF from £28.04
- Paperback / softback from £27.29