Sensation and Sublimation in Charles Dickens Hardback
by J. Gordon
This book explores three crucial stages in Dickens' on-going voyage of discovery into what has been called the 'hidden springs' of his fiction; arguing that in three of Dickens best known novels, we witness Dickens responding to some identifiable force represented as coming from underneath the ground plan of the book in question.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 226 pages, IX, 226 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 07/06/2011
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780230110885
- PDF from £67.58
- Paperback / softback from £50.59