The Construction of English : Culture, Consumerism and Promotion in the ELT Global Coursebook Paperback / softback
by J. Gray
This book takes the view that ELT global coursebooks, in addition to being curriculum artefacts, are also highly wrought cultural artefacts which seek to make English mean in highly selective ways and it argues that the textual construction (and imaging) of English parallels the processes of commodity promotion more generally.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 218 pages, XI, 218 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 29/09/2010
- Category: ELT resource books for teachers
- ISBN: 9781137507242
- Hardback from £67.59
- PDF from £19.54