The Persian Empire in English Renaissance Writing, 1549-1622 Hardback
by J. Grogan
Part of the Early Modern Literature in History series
The Persian Empire in English Renaissance Writing, 1549-1622 studies the conception of Persia in the literary, political and pedagogic writings of Renaissance England and Britain.
It argues that writers of all kinds debated the means and merits of English empire through their intellectual engagement with the ancient Persian empire.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 256 pages, X, 256 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 27/02/2014
- Category: Literary studies: c 1500 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9780230343269
- PDF from £49.30
- Paperback / softback from £51.55