Rethinking the Femme Fatale in Film Noir : Ready for Her Close-Up Paperback / softback
by J. Grossman
In the context of nineteenth-century Victorinoir and close readings of original-cycle film noir, Julie Grossman argues that the presence of the "femme fatale" figure, as she is understood in film criticism and popular culture, is drastically over-emphasized and has helped to sustain cultural obsessions with "bad" women.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 176 pages, XI, 176 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 21/10/2009
- Category: Film theory & criticism
- ISBN: 9781137285881
- Paperback / softback from £24.15
- Hardback from £77.85
- PDF from £25.49