From Shakespeare to Obama : A Study in Language, Slavery and Place Hardback
by J. Hart
From Shakespeare to Obama discusses language, slavery, and place from the Portuguese enslavement of African people, through slavery in Shakespeare's plays, to President Obama's 2012 speech on "modern slavery." Balancing close reading with context, this expansive book offers new insight into questions of otherness, rhetoric, and stereotyping.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 255 pages, XV, 255 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 09/12/2013
- Category: Literary studies: general
- ISBN: 9781137375810
- Paperback / softback from £52.39