Preservation and National Belonging in Eastern Germany : Heritage Fetishism and Redeeming Germanness Hardback
by J. James
Part of the Palgrave Macmillan Memory Studies series
Drawing on cultural anthropology and cultural studies, this book sheds new light on the everyday politics of heritage and memory by illuminating local, everyday engagements with Germanness through heritage fetishism, claims to hometown belonging, and the performative appropriation of cultural property.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 216 pages, IX, 216 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 31/08/2012
- Category: History of ideas
- ISBN: 9780230320345
- PDF from £50.14
- Paperback / softback from £46.65