The Greek Sense of Theatre : Tragedy and Comedy Paperback / softback
In this updated and extended edition of The Greek Sense of Theatre, scholar and practitioner J.Michael Walton revises and expands his visual approach to the theatre of classical Athens.
From the tragedies of Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides to the old and new comedies of Aristophanes and Menander, he argues that while Greek drama is seen now as a performance-based rather than a strictly literary medium, more attention should still be paid to the nature of stage image and masked acting as part of this conception.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 166 pages, 12 Halftones, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 29/05/2015
- Category: Literary studies: classical, early & medieval
- ISBN: 9781138857339
- Hardback from £85.49