The Evolution of Modern Fantasy : From Antiquarianism to the Ballantine Adult Fantasy Series Hardback
In this comprehensive study, Williamson traces the literary history of the fantasy genre from the eighteenth century to its coalescence following the success of Tolkien's work in the 1960s.
While some studies have engaged with related material, there has been no extended study specifically exploring the roots of this now beloved genre.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 245 pages, X, 245 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 09/07/2015
- Category: Literary studies: general
- ISBN: 9781137518088
- PDF from £63.33
- Paperback / softback from £29.15