City of Revolution : Restructuring Manchester Paperback / softback
Edited by Jamie, PhD Peck, Mr. Kevin Ward
Provides a critical account of one of Europe's most celebrated examples of urban transformation, getting beneath the hype to ask what has really changed in the 'new' Manchester..
The first comprehensive account of contemporary political and economic change in Manchester..
Explores the costs and consequences of making the transition from an industrial to a post-industrial or 'entrepreneurial' city, with broad implications for other major cities. -- .
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 272 pages, Illustrations, black & white
- Publisher: Manchester University Press
- Publication Date: 29/08/2002
- Category: Social & cultural history
- ISBN: 9780719058882