The Art of Dress : Clothes and Society 1500 ? 1914 Paperback / softback
The clothes worn by our ancestors afford an unparalleled insight into lifestyles that have disappeared forever.
Choice of dress has always been governed by a series of influences - social and economic, artistic and technical - and, of course, the vagaries of individual taste.
Jane Ashelford has used the National Trust's stunning costume and textile collections as well as its historic house portraits, family correspondence, diaries and household papers to produce a fascinating account of the history of dress over the past four centuries
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 320 pages, Over 500 colour and black and white images
- Publisher: Pavilion Books
- Publication Date: 17/08/2009
- Category: History of fashion
- ISBN: 9781905400799