Foreign and Native on the English Stage, 1588-1611 : Metaphor and National Identity Hardback
Part of the Early Modern Literature in History series
This original and scholarly work uses three detailed case studies of plays - Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra , King Lear and Cymbeline - to cast light on the ways in which early modern writers used metaphor to explore how identities emerge from the interaction of competing regional and spiritual topographies.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 235 pages, VII, 235 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 28/04/2011
- Category: Literary studies: c 1500 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9780230293335
- PDF from £46.75
- Paperback / softback from £48.95