Thomas Hardy and Desire : Conceptions of the Self Hardback
by Jane Thomas
Drawing on a broad concept of desire, informed by poststructuralist theorists this book examines the range of Hardy's work.
It demonstrates the sustained nature of his thinking about desire, its relationship to the social and symbolic network in which human subjectivity is constituted and art's potential to offer fulfilment to the desiring subject.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 233 pages, X, 233 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 28/03/2013
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780230224636
- PDF from £67.58
- Paperback / softback from £45.85