British Army Uniform and the First World War : Men in Khaki Hardback
by Jane Tynan
Jane Tynan offers new perspectives on the cultural history of the First World War by examining the clothing worn by British combatants on the western front.
Khaki emerges as a significant part of war experience, which embodied gender, social class and ethnicity, impacted the tailoring trade and became a touchstone for pacifist resistance.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 214 pages, X, 214 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 27/11/2013
- Category: History of fashion
- ISBN: 9780230301573
- Paperback / softback from £48.25