New Land, New Lives : Scandinavian Immigrants to the Pacific Northwest Paperback / softback
New Land, New Lives captures the voices of Scandinavian men and women who crossed the Atlantic during the early decades of the 20th century and settled in the Pacific Northwest.
Based on oral history interviews with 45 Danes, Finns, Icelanders, Norwegians, and Swedes-more than half of them women-the book is illustrated with family photographs and also includes background information on Scandinavian culture and immigration.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 334 pages, 41 illus.
- Publisher: University of Washington Press
- Publication Date: 01/05/1998
- Category: Social & cultural history
- ISBN: 9780295977119