If you've considered breeding a mare, or have a new colt on the farm, this valuable resource will help you give your animals the best of care.
Chock-full of useful information from a renowned stable owner, this book especially addresses new and small breeders.
Learn how to select a suitable stallion, handle a foal, wean the animal, and manage youngstock. "A down-to-earch guide that never fails to be informative and offers practical advice."-- "Horse and Hound. 192 pages, 86 color illus., 106 b/w illus., 7 1/2 x 10 1/4.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 192 pages, 83 colour and 90 b&w halftones, 16 line illustrations, table, bibliography
- Publisher: David & Charles
- Publication Date: 30/11/1998
- Category: Animal breeding
- ISBN: 9780715307229