Literature and the Peripheral City Hardback
Edited by Lieven Ameel
Cities have always been defined by their centrality.
But literature demonstrates that their diverse peripheries define them, too: from suburbs to slums, rubbish dumps to nightclubs and entire failed cities.
The contributors to this collection explore literary urban peripheries through readings of literature from four continents and numerous cities.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 244 pages, XII, 244 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 27/05/2015
- Category: Literary studies: fiction, novelists & prose writers
- ISBN: 9781137492876
- PDF from £76.08
- Paperback / softback from £78.69