Whiteucation : Privilege, Power, and Prejudice in School and Society Paperback / softback
This important volume explores how racism operates in schools and society, while also unpacking larger patterns of racist ideology and white privilege as it manifests across various levels of schooling.
A diverse set of contributors analyze particular contexts of white privilege, providing key research findings, connections to policy, and exemplars of schools and universities that are overcoming these challenges.
Whiteucation provides a multi-level and holistic perspective on how inequitable power dynamics and prejudice exist in schools, ultimately encouraging reflection, dialogue, and inquiry in spaces where white privilege needs to be questioned, interrogated, and dismantled.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 194 pages, 3 Tables, black and white; 6 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Inc
- Publication Date: 18/12/2018
- Category: Organization & management of education
- ISBN: 9780815368953