Storyteller and author Jen Foley brings together stories from the dark forests, ruined castles and magical green pastureland of Bedfordshire.
In this treasure trove of tales you will meet Anglo-Saxon heroines and lascivious monks, as well as restless ghosts, conniving highwaymen, demons and witches - all as fantastical and powerful as the landscape they inhabit. Retelling each story in her engaging style, and richly illustrated with unique line drawings, these humorous, clever and enchanting folk tales are sure to be enjoyed and shared time and again.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 192 pages, 30 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: The History Press Ltd
- Publication Date: 30/09/2015
- Category: Folklore, myths & legends
- ISBN: 9780750962230