Writing Combat and the Self in Early Modern English Literature : The Pen and the Sword Hardback
Part of the Early Modern Cultural Studies 1500-1700 series
By examining these competing depictions of combat that coexist in sixteenth-century texts ranging from Arthurian romance to early modern medical texts, this study reveals both the importance of combat in understanding the humanist subject and the contours of the previously neglected pre-modern subject.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 254 pages, 2 Illustrations, black and white; XVII, 254 p. 2 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 07/12/2011
- Category: Literary theory
- ISBN: 9780230120419
- PDF from £54.40
- Paperback / softback from £56.65