Memorials Matter : Emotion, Environment and Public Memory at American Historical Sites Hardback
Memorials Matter investigates how sites of memory in the American West influence emotions about historical conflict and national identity.
The book compares seven diverse National Park Service sites to show how the natural landscapes and built structures combine with written texts at each site to generate emotion in individual tourists and shape our collective memory of traumatic events.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 320 pages, 20 black & white photos
- Publisher: University of Nevada Press
- Publication Date: 28/02/2019
- Category: Memorials, monuments
- ISBN: 9781943859979
- Paperback / softback from £34.50