The Aesthetics of Spectacle in Early Modern Drama and Modern Cinema : Robert Greene's Theatre of Attractions Hardback
by Jenny Sager
Examining the work of the Elizabethan playwright, Robert Greene, this book argues that Greene's plays are innovative in their use of spectacle.
Its most striking feature is the use of the one-to-one analogies between Greene's drama and modern cinema, in order to explore the plays' stage effects.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 211 pages, X, 211 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 20/09/2013
- Category: Literary theory
- ISBN: 9781137332394
- Paperback / softback from £45.85