Vernacular and Latin Literary Discourses of the Muslim Other in Medieval Germany Hardback
Part of the The New Middle Ages series
Little attention has been focused the representation of Muslims in medieval Germany.
Proceeding from a grounded use of contemporary cultural theory and close textual analysis, this study focuses Muslims in several core texts representing drama, epic, and lyric written by the most important writers of medieval Germany.
Far from simply adding medieval Germany to the growing scholarly list of the 'pre-post-colonializing' European cultures, the study provides important new perspectives.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 233 pages, XVII, 233 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 11/05/2011
- Category: Literary studies: classical, early & medieval
- ISBN: 9780230110878
- Paperback / softback from £48.95