Housework and Housewives in American Advertising : Married to the Mop Hardback
An analysis of how since the end of te 19th-century advertising agencies and their housework product clients utilized a remarkably consistent depiction of housewives and housework, illustrating that that although Second Wave feminism successfully called into question the housewife stereotype, homemaking has remained an American feminine ideal.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 273 pages, XII, 273 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 16/11/2011
- Category: History of the Americas
- ISBN: 9780230114890
- PDF from £18.70
- Paperback / softback from £17.45