The Romance of Gambling in the Eighteenth-century British Novel Hardback
Part of the Palgrave Studies in the Enlightenment, Romanticism and Cultures of Print series
Gambling permeated the daily lives of eighteenth-century Britons of all classes.
This book explicates the relationship between the rampant gambling in eighteenth-century England, the new forms of gambling-inspired capitalism that transformed British society, and novels that interrogate the new socio-economy of long odds and lucky breaks.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 201 pages, XI, 201 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 17/05/2011
- Category: Literary studies: c 1500 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9780230278875
- PDF from £67.58
- Paperback / softback from £49.85