Rhodes : The Colossus Paperback / softback
by Jill Dudley
Part of the "Put it in Your Pocket" Series of Booklets series
In this booklet Jill Dudley describes the legends of Helios (the sun-god), and explains what the Colossus was and why it was erected and what happened to it.
She takes the reader to the ancient sanctuary of Apollo Pythias above Rhodes town, and the temple of Athena at Lyndos.
It is as the back cover of the booklet says: all you need to know about the island's myths, legends and its gods.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 16 pages, lyne on cover
- Publisher: Orpington Publishers
- Publication Date: 04/04/2016
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9780993537806