This beautiful publication highlights a treasured painting in the collection of the Detroit Institute of Arts-Rounded Flower Bed (Corbeille de fleurs) by Claude Monet (1840-1926).
The canvas was painted while Monet lived in the Paris suburb of Argenteuil from late 1871 to early 1878, during which time Monet banded with other painters to form the group now known as the Impressionists. Monet: Framing Life brings Rounded Flower Bed (Corbeille de fleurs) together with other canvases, by both Monet and fellow Impressionist Pierre-Auguste Renoir, to trace how this painting fits into the history of Impressionism more broadly.
The text also describes new findings uncovered in a recent technical analysis of the Monet masterpiece.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 64 pages, 30 color + 5 b-w illus.
- Publisher: Yale University Press
- Publication Date: 03/11/2017
- Category: Conservation, restoration & care of artworks
- ISBN: 9780300229172