Powder Horns : Fabrication & Decoration Paperback / softback
by Jim Stevens
Learn to create beautiful, functional powder horns. 275 color photos illustrate working, shaping, decorating, and finishing techniques.
Historic and modern tools and equipment are introduced for inlays, engrailing, and scrimshaw.
Leather strap weaving and braiding methods are also provided for carrying the finished horn in an authentic manner.
For inspiration, a photo gallery shows finished powder horns and a contact list includes the artists featured.
There is no better resource for the craftsman seeking to make an authentic, functional powder horn.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 176 pages, 275 color photos
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing Ltd
- Publication Date: 21/04/2010
- Category: Carving & modelling, moulding & casting
- ISBN: 9780764334894