The Poetics of the American Suburbs Hardback
by Jo Gill
Part of the Modern and Contemporary Poetry and Poetics series
The first scholarly study of the rich body of poetry that emerged from the post-war American suburbs, Gill evaluates the work of forty poets, including Anne Sexton, Langston Hughes, and John Updike.
Combining textual analysis and archival research, this book offers a new perspective on the field of twentieth-century American literature.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 225 pages, XII, 225 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 15/10/2013
- Category: Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9781137340221
- PDF from £59.50
- Paperback / softback from £60.89